HOUSTON, TX — The first weekend of the summer season is and the last of the Class of 2017 will be walking across the stage, graduation parties will he going on and some are hitting the road for their summer vacation.
However, it’s also staycation season with events, festivals, concerts and fun all happening in your community, or a community near you. (Want to get daily updates about traffic news and other events going on in your area? Sign up for the free Houston Patch morning newsletter.)
Check out this nifty list of things that are going on near you.
- Texas City Fun Fest| Texas City, TX| June 2-3: There will be something for everyone Arts & Crafts, Food, BBQ Cook Off, Car Cruisin, Children's Activities, Entertainment, "Super Hero" Run By The Bay 5k and 10k Run and more. Join us for an unforgettable weekend of Fun.
- 1984 at Obsidian Theater|Houston, TX|June 3: See the classic George Orwell novel come to life on stage. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 at the door.
- Free Press Summer Fest| Houston, TX @ Eleanor Tinsley Park| June 3-4: Two-day music extravaganza with 55 acts playing on four stages on Saturday and Sunday. Click the link for music line up and to buy tickets online.
- Hire Houston Youth Job Fair |Houston, tx @ George R. Brown Convention Center | June 3: Find that summer job today. Check out the Hire Houston Youth on-the-spot hiring event. 10am to 3pm.
- Summer Jam Car and Craft Show|Rosenberg, TX| June 4: Sponsored by the Sons of the American Legion. Come out and see some antique cars, motorcycles, tractors. A great outing for the motorhead in your life. All proceeds go to Sons of the American Legion.
Still bored? Find more at 365thingsinhouton.com.
Follow Us On Facebook: Engage with your neighbors in the Metro Houston area and keep up with the talk of the day by liking one of our Facebook pages. Houston / Midtown Houston / Houston Heights / Galleria - River Oaks / Bellaire / Meyerland / Humble-Kingwood / Conroe-Montgomery County / Sugar Land / Pasadena / The Woodlands / Clear Lake
Steak and potatoes. Creamy rigatoni. Fish tacos. The meal service’s greatest hits will be available again for a limited time. [SPONSORED]
Thanks for your feedback.
Originally published June 1, 2017.
Source : https://patch.com/texas/houston/what-s-happening-houston-weekend