Post a job listing on LinkedIn to promote your vacancy.
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Because job seekers search online for positions, companies use online job boards and classifieds to attract talent. Houston business owners and human resource managers can use Craigslist to recruit candidates for their open positions. As of 2011, Craigslist receives more than 1 million new job listings each month. The classifieds site allows businesses to post job listings for a variety of industries including finance and marketing. If you plan to list a job on Craigslist, start by setting up a user account.
1. Craft a "Posting Description" of two or three paragraphs that uses keywords you think qualified candidates would use to search for a position similar to yours. Include specific duties, qualifications and education potential candidates should possess. Specify when you plan to being interviewing candidates and how soon you plan to fill the position. Include a call-to-action at the end of your job listing. It should instruct each potential employee to respond to the job listing with his resume, cover letter, writing samples and salary history, or send you a link to her portfolio.
2. Log into your Craigslist account. Select "Post New Ad In" and select the state where you want to list your job opening. In the "What type of posting is this" section, select "Job Offered."
3. Enter your job description. Choose one or more categories for your job listing. Select "Continue."
4. Check the options below "Compensation" that are related to the job you're listing on Craigslist. This information helps job candidates who are looking for specific job options, such as telecommute, part-time or internship, find your listing.
5. Click "continue" and review whether your advertisement includes necessary details in your post and check for grammatical errors. When your advertisement is finalized, click "Continue." Make the advertising placement payment with your credit card. Pay Houston's Craigslist site $25, as of time of publication, for each job category you'd like your job listing to appear under on the site. Post your ad to the site.
Source : http://smallbusiness.chron.com/list-job-craigslist-11262.html